Fairy Tale Forgotten: I don't want to change...

Fairy Tale Forgotten: I don't want to change...

Excerpt:
"So, I stopped seeing my therapist. I didn't like break up with him or anything. I just cancelled my last appointment and I haven't been back in a month or more.

He gave me homework. Like little projects to work on and then report back to him. His most frequent one was my eye contact. He wanted me to look everyone in the eye. Strangers, family, friends, coworkers, people in cars, people who were prepping to jump off bridges, whatever. Anyone.


I can't do that.


He asked me what happens when I look someone in the eye. When I asked what he meant, he said does anyone give you mean looks, say mean things to you, or get angry when you look them in the eye? I said, well, no. He then concluded that nothing bad happens if you look someone in the eye.


Here's where he was wrong. Bad things do happen. To me. Inside me."

Click on the link above for the full story.

No comments:

Post a Comment